Rurik C. Johnson, MD, FACS
Dr. Johnson is a general and advanced laparoscopic surgeon and is certified to use the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System. He also uses the Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILSTM) technique. He uses laparoscopic, robotic and open techniques to treat diseases of the colon, small intestine, appendix, gallbladder, spleen, adrenals, and complex hernias.
Dr. Johnson completed his general surgery residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY. Prior to that, he received his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and his undergraduate degree from Colgate University.
Beyond the hospital, he currently serves as:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, SUNY Buffalo
- Treasurer, Buffalo Surgical Society
- Board Member, Mercy Hospital Foundation
He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. In addition, Dr. Johnson holds memberships in several professional organizations, including:
- Erie County Medical Society
- New York State Medical Society
- American Hernia Society
- Buffalo Surgical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
He practices out of the West Seneca and Derby offices.