Robert S. Armstrong, MD, FACS
Dr. Armstrong is a board certified general surgeon with extensive experience in minimally invasive surgery and complex hernia repair with abdominal wall reconstruction and component separation.
Patients who have large hernias with loss of domain or have had multiple abdominal surgeries or hernia repairs are often told their recurrent hernias can't be fixed. However, new techniques and mesh allow Dr. Armstrong to create stronger repairs than ever before. Dr. Armstrong brings this to the Buffalo area, having trained with some of the leaders in hernia repair at University Hospitals in Cleveland.
With Surgical Associates of WNY, he performs a broad scope of general surgery, including but not limited to:
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repairs
- Laparoscopic colon resections
- Laparoscopic solid organ surgery of the gallbladder, adrenal glands, spleen, pancreas and liver
Dr. Armstrong completed his general surgery residency at University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland. Prior to that, he received his medical degree from the Boonshoft School of Medicine at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, and his undergraduate degree from the University of Dayton.
He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He currently serves in or is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- Erie County Medical Society, Treasurer/Secretary and Chair of Medical Services Committee
- American College of Surgeons, President-Elect WNY Chapter
- Buffalo Surgical Society
- American Hernia Society
- New York State Medical Society
Dr. Armstrong sees patients in the West Seneca office.